Welcome to a Blog Community!

I want to welcome you to my blog. Please feel free to add your thoughts and comments and join in the discussion.
I feel I learn best when in conversations with others, so let us search and muse together!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Chuck

As a kid, I wanted to be a spy. In fact, when I was 9 years old, my best friend and I created our own spy organization - S.P.I.E.S. (This stood for Super Powers in Intelligence, Especially in Spying. We were awesome.) Our mission - to spy on everyone we could, record it in our flip notebooks, and report in to each other each week before Sunday school.

I'm 29 now, and not a spy. But I have found a way to vicariously live my dream of espionage and danger through a friend of mine named Chuck. You might know him. For the past couple of years, NBC has captured his life on Monday nights. Here's a picture of him:


Yes, I continue to live my dreams of being of spy through my friend Chuck Bartowski. If you've never joined him in one of his adventures, I suggest you don't waste another second. Update your Netflix or go to the nearest Blockbuster and ask for the first part of his life documentary - Chuck: Season One. Trust me, you will be amazed.

As an adult, I met another person by the name of Chuck. This Chuck has become one of my greatest role models. He's a incredible and prolific songwriter/poet, and has been published in many collections. In fact, after spending hours upon hours with him, Chuck has motivated me in a focus of which I have directed much of my masters and doctoral studies: lyrical theology.

I am sure you have heard of this Chuck as well. His name is Chuck Wesley.

For posterity's sake, he often goes by Charles, so if you look up "Chuck Wesley" you might not get too far. If I could ever write half as well as Chuck Wesley, I'd be satisfied.

If you have never read his "Wrestling Jacob," this is a must do. In fact, go right now, grab a Bible and read Genesis 32. Then get on the internet, look up "Wrestling Jacob," and read it. You will be amazed.


1 comment:

  1. You know, I've never gotten around to seeing this show, but I certainly will now. Also... can we start a SPIES club? It sounds like tremendous fun.

    ReplyDelete